EDUCATIONRegent University School of Law
M.A., Public Policy
University of Virginia
B.A., International Relations and Latin American Studies
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
O. Rene Diaz, Esq.
Former District Judge Rene Diaz is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Diaz Jakob, LLC. Judge Diaz focuses on bilingual mediation and arbitration of civil litigation cases.
With over eighteen years of civil litigation experience in state and federal courts, he has handled a wide variety of cases all over the State of Texas before his appointment as Presiding Judge of the 224thDistrict Court of Bexar County by Governor Rick Perry in 2004. Judge Diaz has achieved Martindale-Hubbell's highest Peer Review Rating (AV) for his ethical standards and legal ability and was listed in "The Scene in SA Magazine" Best Lawyers in San Antonio each year from 2007 through 2014.
Before serving in the state judiciary, he served as a Texas Commissioner of the OneStar National Service Commission, the state agency that oversees AmeriCorp Volunteers as well as the Texas Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives. He also served as General Counsel for the Republican Party of Texas and currently serves on the boards of Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio and on the Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center. A frequent lecturer for the State Bar of Texas, the San Antonio Bar Association and other professional associations, he has also volunteered with the Community Justice Program and the San Antonion Young Lawyers, who awarded him the "Honorary Young Lawyer of the year Award" in 2006 as the jurist who contributed the most to the professional development of the young attorneys. He is a member of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Judge Diaz attended the University of Virginia for his Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations and Latin American Studies and received both his Master’s Degree in Public Policy and his Juris Doctor from Regent University. He is admitted to practice before Texas Courts as well as the Federal Courts of the Western, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas.
- AV Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in "The Scene in SA Magazine" Best Lawyers in San Antonia, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- OneStar National Service Commission, Texas Commissioner
- Texas Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
- Republican Party of Texas, General Counsel
- Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio, Board Member
- Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center, Board Member